Politics, popular culture and Reagan conservatism spewed maybe once a week...or less
Friday, January 4, 2013
2012's Top Ten Most Frustrating Episodes in America
I would describe 2012, a year that shall live in infamy, as one of profound frustration at best. Nothing went our way, in regards to improving the average U.S. citizen's general lot in life. The economy floundered, our military gained no victories, our future is less secured, and our culture degraded and cheapened.
Without further ado, allow me to list the United State's Top Ten Most Frustrating Moments of 2012:
1. The re-election of President Barack Obama. In elections past, his record over the last four years would have sealed a landslide defeat. But not this time around, no siree Bob. Unemployment hovering at historically disastrous levels, loss of our AAA credit rating, the entrenching of a bound for failure universal health care policy, a resurgent al Qaeda terrorist movement throughout the world, and a demonstrably massive surge towards socialism, all owing to Obama's Marxist leanings, liberal socialist philosophy and hatred for the principles of the founding of our country. This moment was a God awful loss for freedom in America going forward.
2. Democrats retain control of the U.S. Senate. Yes, a disaster for the U.S. This bunch under the leadership of Harry Reid (D-Nv) has not passed a budget in over three years, in order to hide the fact that they are spending money like insane lunatic drunken sailors. This bunch of slugs pigeon hole all bills submitted to the Senate by the GOP and disregard the legislation passed by the Republican controlled House simply because they can. What a disaster for us.
3. Four Americans killed in the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. During a 7 hour seige on a U.S. compound, which was clearly imminent and published, four Americans including the Libyan ambassador were murdered while the U.S. Department of State and Department of Defense assets stood idly by, and ordered reinforcements to stand down, allowing these men to die. Absolutely shameful. And to this day, nobody has been held accountable for the list of mistakes made as long as my arm.
4. Republican Party remains in the hands of moderate leaders who despise conservative values. John Boehner (R-Oh) remains the Speaker of the House, and has lately removed any and all Tea Party affiliates from legislative committees if they scored poorly on his 'Moderation' report card. This guy is simply a Democrat who can't bring himself to admit that he hates conservative policies because they put a crimp into his moderate lifestyle. And yet we re-affirm his leadership time and again, despite the fact that he has been a failure in conservative promotion ever since he was majority whip back in Denny Hastert's 'Mark Foley' congress in 2005 and 2006.
5. A record 47,710,324 Americans are on food stamps, as of September 2012. Disgraceful. Back in the day, anyone on public assistance (welfare) was looked down on, scorned, and even shunned. But not now, no way Jose. We have made it so easy to take money from our neighbors in the form of food stamps that we just issue debit cards with food stamp balances on them, instead of the colored food stamp certificates in days gone by that some would be ashamed to submit to a grocer for payment. Gone are those days, we now have approximately one in six Americans on food stamps and they think nothing of it. We have to borrow forty cents of every dollar the U.S. government spends on these programs, and one in six of Americans have no problem with this . A scandal of epic proportions, this lack of shame by 15% of all Americans. Our culture in this country has gone to the dogs.
6. Americans mourn the death of Whitney Houston for a week or more. I'm sad for her family, but having said this, Miss Houston was one of the most irresponsible public figures we have seen come down the pike in the U.S. Rampant drug use, disrespect for any and all American institutions with her public profanity and shameless behavior for perhaps a quarter of a century. And we put this disgraceful woman's death in the same perspective as the passing of Mother Theresa. How far we have fallen, folks. Ditto with Michael Jackson's passing a few years ago, but we are focusing on 2012.
7. Chief Justice John Roberts affirms The Affordable Healthcare Act (Obamacare). Roberts ruled on the contorted logic that the basis of the law's confiscatory monetary support is indeed a tax, not a mandated fee. This, despite the Obama administration attorney's arguing before the SCOTUS that is was in no way a tax. What a slug in the gut. A stomp in the face of Americans, and this ruling from arguably a rock ribbed conservative. This ruling will be engraved in shame on John Robert's tombstone, as the enabler of Socialist America. America passed over into socialism with this ruling, a ruling that will have lasting and immeasurably damaging consequences.
8. Democrats use a madman's rampage in Newtown CT as an excuse to push for gun control. Despite the Second Amendment to the Constitution, liberals are frothing at the mouth to grab private citizen's guns and leave an American population defenseless and unarmed against criminals who will always be armed to the teeth. No gun law has ever worked, ever ever. Duh!! Does any reasonable person think that if we eliminate guns from law abiding citizens, that criminals will give up their guns? Not a chance, this is why they are called criminals.
9. Hot off the presses - the U.S. didn't fall off the Fiscal Cliff. No, we deferred going off of this Cliff for another two months, and passed a bill loaded with pork, new spending and not a dime of spending cuts. Good thing we have a countervailing effect owing to retaining control of the U.S. House of Representatives, right? We just kicked the can down the road, yet again.
10. Rap music is still popular in 2012. For the life of me, I will never understand (nor do I want to understand) why this no-talent garbage has lasted for so long in popular culture. Lyrics by gangsters who 'sing' of 'ho's and b*tches, killing police, killing Caucasians and their babies and all other manner of vile and disgusting topics rule the music charts. Yet these rap 'artists' make millions of dollars every year, and their God awful recordings are as popular as ever. This genre of music should have died 20 years ago, but didn't. Too bad.