Sunday, May 1, 2016

The GOP presumptive nominee: Donald J. Trump - get used to it

For all of you 'Never Trump' idiots who call yourselves conservatives, you will just have to get over your hatred of the GOP presumptive nominee Donald J. Trump's inevitable ascension as the Republican candidate for the general election.

I get it, I really do.  Donald has some political, economic and social warts.  Big, hairy ones.  I don't like a lot of what the guy has said and done, either.  But I am not so stupid that I will, in my hatred of The Donald, assist in the election of possibly the most damaging, dangerous person to ascend to the presidency ever: Hillary Clinton.

And if you want to pout, cry like a baby and sit home, or even dumber, write in Mickey Mouse or Marco Rubio (same guy, they are both from Florida), you will piss away an opportunity to oppose Hillary Clinton.  That would make you no better than a liberal Democrat.  If you call yourself a conservative, and do not vote against Hillary, I am not sure how you can sleep at night, in all honesty.

I had the same feelings about Dubya, when he emerged in 2000. He was NOT my guy, because his DAD was not my guy, either.  And as we all know, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Doesn't anybody except me remember how 41 hated Ronald Reagan during the 1980 primaries, and called Reagan's market based capitalistic economic platform 'voodoo economics?'  The Bush regime has not done conservatism any favors during their tenure, believe you me.  And 41's little boy, George W. Bush sat in the Oval Office for 8 years while the left bashed him, smeared him, maligned him and essentially destroyed his image without lifting a finger.  Dubya did more to destroy the conservative movement's progress than anybody I can think of, simply by not fighting back the attacks of the left.

But did I pout like a baby, and vote for Al Gore?  Or John Kerry? And start a 'NeverBush' movement?  No.  I held my nose and voted against both of those Democrat ogres, even though Dubya was far from the best choice the GOP could have made.  Steve Forbes would have made a great president.  Phil Gramm even better.  Even Pat Buchanon would have been preferable to Dubya.  But Dubya was the guy, and to not vote against the liberal alternative was just not what conservatives do. 

So buck up, you Never Trump morons.  Do the right thing, or be forever known for what you will become in effect if you don't vote for Trump: a liberal Democrat.  

13 comments:

LindaG said...

Amen. I agree with everything you said, and pretty much the same reasons. Can't stand Trump, and don't trust him for a minute. But I will pray that he really is a better choice than Clinton.

Gorges Smythe said...

Perhaps we've been given this choice as a curse from God for our national lack of morals. After all, moral candidates are the first to fall in the primaries.

Adrienne said...

Well said, Fredd.

Fredd said...

LindaG: I won't go as far as saying I can't stand the guy, but it comes down to voting either for somebody who is going to do the right thing 50% of the time vs Hillary who is guaranteed to do the wrong thing 100% of the time.

Pick your poison.

Fredd said...

Gorges: so you're saying Trump is a gift from God?

Fredd said...

Adrienne: he is who he is. Half the guy we need. Or we can deal with Hillary, who is 100% what we don't need.

LL said...

I think that having a Trump presidency will surprise people in a good way. He wants to make AMERICA great again, not to bow and scrape to the Chinese or anyone else. We need a period of nationalism to rebuild the place that the liberals damaged.

Fredd said...

Ed:

There's only two candidates that will walk into the Oval Office after the general election: The completely evil Hillary Clinton, or the moderately evil Donald Trump.

You have to decide if you want Hillary Clinton, who has proven to be a pathological liar and rabid Saul Alinksy loving communist, or Donald Trump, the scumbag business guy.

Which evil do you want to live under for the next 8 years? Doing the right think consists of choosing the lesser of two evils.

If you do not cast your vote for the mildly evil Trump, whether you just stay home or write in a for-sure loser, you are in effect casting 1/2 a vote for the totally evil Hillary Clinton.

This horrible fact is not even arguable.

Sandy-Says said...

Amen, I will vote for and support Donald Trump as well.

LSP said...

I second LL. What's so bad about putting our country first and helping ordinary people, as opposed to tassle loafer wearing beltway elites, to make more money?

I'm not an expert, but I don't think Hillary gives a damn about anyone other than herself and her Martha's Vineyard crew of rich smugnoscenti.

Maybe Trump will bust that up. Power to him.

Fredd said...

LL: yes, I think Trump will become a wrecking ball to those in The Hamptons and their chardonnay-sipping and brie munching ways.

And we all get to watch, what fun.

Fredd said...

Sorry, response above to LSP and not LL, as Rick Perry would say, 'oops.'

Z said...

Fredd, I'm PRETTY sure nobody detests the miserable character of Donald Trump more than I..plenty as MUCH as I, but probably no MORE than I.
And yes, I will vote for him. I have to put my country before me, sadly.....and Hillary will destroy us faster than Trump will.
He's a man of playground principles, ego bigger than ANYONE I've ever even heard of, thin skinned, vindictive, hideous man.........
and, sadly, I believe he'll jump to the center faster than we'll believe once he's on the ticket...he already is re; minimum wage and several other things.
But HILLARY? I doubt Trump will pick a liberal for the Supreme Court and THAT is important enough for me to vote for him.
Let's hope Ben Carson's wrong when he suggests Trump wouldn't say NO to a Dem. VP candidate....that might be the only thing that would prevent me from voting for him....