Sunday, June 12, 2011

We need uglier Fox News reporters

Look at the line up every morning at Fox News: this morning, I wake up to see a beauty queen looking Ainsley Earhardt in a clingy, green, low cut, sleeveless number spouting deficit numbers.  She was sitting in for Allision Camerota, who also wears that slinky stuff, and is not hard on the eye, either.  Are their audiences that pathetic and shallow, that they will abandon Fox News should they actually air some tubby, old, bald fat guys?  Or maybe some frumpy, dowdy middle age babes with 'big bone' issues?

Yes, apparently. Fox and Friends during the week features former Miss America Gretchen Carlson, who is now getting on in years, and I suspect that Roger Ailes will sooner rather than later sack her in favor of some twenty-someting hotty who can read a teleprompter without stuttering too badly.

If Fox News is really honest about reporting the news, 'fair and balanced,' then they should practice what they preach and deliver this fair and balanced stuff with folks who actually represent America: tubby, old, bald, fat guys with several chins, liver spots, eye ticks and other blights that represent most of us who dwell within the Fruited Plains.

But will we ever see an old, bald, liver spotted fat guy reading the teleprompter?

No.

But why?  Because the audience will not tolerate anyone who is less than movie star, soap opera perfect, and that is really a shame.  Is it only possible that good looking folks can read a teleprompter, or forecast the weather? 

According to Roger Ailes (a really ugly guy, truth be told), the ugly need not apply. 

The ugly should be sheltered away, never to be seen or heard.  Not on his airwaves, anyway.

Oh well.  Good thing I have a day job. 

13 comments:

Hack said...

Fredd, I agree 100%. You hit the nail on the head here. I have lost much respect and interest in Fox over the last 5 or so years due to this and over the top bias. It may be bias in favor of my views, but it is bias nonetheless and I don't want that in my news source. Keep up the good work.

Fredd said...

Hack:

Don't tell me: you wouldn't make the cut on a cattle call seeking the latest hottie on 'The Young and The Restless.'

Me, neither.

This 'Rule 5' stuff is so blatant, I am getting sick of it. I swear, I won't get offended at a big, fat sweaty slob reading the teleprompter. I really won't, I swear.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

And yet you support Sarah Palin?

Correct me if I am wrong but I detect some blatant chauvinism here.

Look into, as I did, the backgrounds on these admittedly gorgeous gals and you might be surprised as to their education(s)which in most cases surpass that of Mrs. Palin, who by the way happens to be very pleasing to the eye as well.

All have a right to an opinion as to where to receive news and I stick with Fox due to honest reporting and if it happens to be an attractive female well that is just a bonus.

As to the show Fox and Friends, well I do not watch that or similar shows on other stations as it is more fluff than anything else.

Fredd said...

Christopher:

Yes, Sarah Palin is good looking, however it's her positions on the issues that attract me, and not her looks. She is right on every issue, every one of them. Who said 'drill baby, drill?' That would be Mrs. Palin, correct me if I am wrong.

The info babes on Fox, they are everywhere, and you don't have to, as you say Christopher, 'happen' to catch a looker reading the teleprompter on Fox News: not an ugly gal in the house. Patty Ann Brown: a looker. Harris Faulkner, another looker. Laurie Dhue, looker. Kiran Chetrie (no longer with FOx, but she started there): looker. Allison Camrota, another looker. Page, Hopkins, E.D.Hill, looker, looker. Gretchen Carlson, looker.

Fox News is lousy with lookers.

Kid said...

Part of the problem Fredd. Dems and Liberals LOVE ugly people.

Are you a double agent Fredd? a CINO ?

Actually, the first time I heard Drill Baby Drill was when Sarah looked up at a banner with those words then spoke them with a chuckle. Did she say it first and then someone brought a banner or the other way around? I don't know.

Anyway, Michele Bachmann is running. I support her 1000 percent. She is the only one I have ever heard talking about rolling back the liberal scourge starting with the Dept or Ed. Or maybe Oblabbercare #1 and D of ED #2 actually.

Silverfiddle said...

I flat out don't watch cable news, unless I'm trapped in a waiting room somewhere.

Fredd said...

Kid:

You're right, libs DO love 'Uglo-Americans.' Name a good looking female Democrat politician.

Go ahead. I'm waiting....(crickets chirping here)....

Rosa DeLauro? A real hottie...

Kid said...

Fredd, How about debbie wasserman-shul...
hmmmm

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Fredd, You missed my point (consciously or not) on the education of the ladies on Fox.

I bring up Palin as it is the same deal just different careers.

All of these women are accomplished in their own right and certainly see no reason to demean any of them on the basis that they are all attractive.

If I did not know better I would think that this theme you put forward came straight from N.O.W. as it mirrors their own talking points?

Fredd said...

Christopher:

Yes, got your point. Which bolsters mine: go to college, get good grades, but don't bother applying to Fox unless you're a hottie.

The rest of you ugly folk need not apply. Ditto with most meteorologists you see on local TV, not an ugly one in the room.

SUch is life, eh Christopher? But I am not inclined to sign up with NOW and MANDATE that Fox hires ugly folk.

Anonymous said...

I've stopped watching Fox.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Fredd,,You do know that all television revenue is based on advertising right?

Further, have you ever seen what you deem ugly as it pertains to females on even your local news stations?

Can we be real here?

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

I don't know, Fredd. If I'm going to waste my time watching television, it might as well be a pretty woman reading the teleprompter. If I want "accurate", I'll get it from many sources on the 'net.