Politics, popular culture and Reagan conservatism spewed maybe once a week...or less
Friday, February 6, 2015
If Nixon had Obama's list of scandals....
....he would have been impeached about 100 times by now.
Now we need to 'get off our high horse,' and turn the other cheek to Islamic terrorists burning prisoners to death and beheading infidels willy nilly. Christians are no different, you see.
Man, what to say about that. What a president. What a man. Some kind of leader. Makes you wish we had King Abdullah of Jordan as Commander in Chief. The King of Jordan gets mad, and swears an oath to attack ISIS until they run out of fuel and bullets. King Abdullah gets my write-in vote in the upcoming 2016 primaries, for sure. Wonder if would consider relocating from Amman to Washington D.C.? That, and I'm sure he could fake a short form birth certificate to prove he was born in Steubenville, Ohio.
Richard Nixon was nearly impeached (he resigned, remember?) because of the unforgivable high crime and misdemeanor of sticking up for his staff, through thick and thin. He didn't break into the Watergate Hotel, his guys did. He didn't know about it, or order it, or any of that garbage. But once the poop hit the fan, he stuck up for his guys. How evil. How horribly wrong. That is the only reason the guy had to resign.
What would have happened to Richard Nixon if he had to deal with the following list of REAL (not phony) scandals that Obama has racked up to date:
1. He swore in 2007 he would accept federal campaign funds and the limits put on his finances by doing so, and then he changed his mind once the dough started flowing in from independent sources.
2. Hacking into Sheryl Atkinson's computer. This little incident was eerily similar to Watergate: Obama minions digging around in a private person's files. Remember again - Nixon was forced to resign over a nearly identical crime as this one.
3. Benghazi. Where the hell was Obama during all of this dark episode? Nobody knows. And why did Obama's underlings simply stand by and watch while these Americans died? When there were assets available within a few hours away, more than enough time to change the way things ended.
4. IRS. Obama sanctioning this feared agency to punish political adversaries. Imagine Nixon doing this? Nixon talked about it, but never did it. Obama never talked about it, but did it.
5. Joe Sestak-gate. Paying off /bribing Joe Sestak to pull out from opposing Arlen Spectre (D-PA). We never did get to the bottom of that one, but imagine Nixon getting involved in something like this? Every journalist on the planet would STILL be digging around in Pennsylvania for dirt, if Nixon were behind this one. But he wasn't; Obama was. And now all we hear are crickets chirping.
6. Screwing veterans out of medical care by the VA. The whole agency was a mess that Obama swore to clean up during his campaign, and once elected we never heard him mention the VA again.
7. Obamacare. So many crimes here, so little time. How it got passed via legislative reconciliation, by Democrats only, with the 'Louisiana Purchase' and the 'Cornhusker Kickback' bribes to Democrat senators in passing this awful law. Lying to the American people got Richard Nixon in hot water, big time. Now we have Obama telling us if we like our doctors, we can keep our doctors. If we like our health care plans, we can keep our health care plans. Period. Anyone beside me remember those bald faced lies? Nixon was booted from office for less. Much less.
8. What about the Fast and Furious gun running scandal? Imagine Dick Nixon with his hands in THAT cookie jar? He would have been toast. But not Obama, who was the driving force behind this failed scheme from the beginning. He gets off Scott Free.
9. How about attacking Libya without congressional input. And look at the mess it is now. Obama's finger prints are all over this one. Imagine Nixon doing something like this? And how the press would have gone bananas?
10. Rosen-gate? Considering bringing criminal charges against Fox News' James Rosen? And then snooping on him? Imagine Dick Nixon doing this? Oh, that's right. His staff DID something like this. And Nixon was tarred and feathered, and run out of town on a rail. But not Obama. No siree Bob.
And there's bunches more, my fingers are getting tired of typing (Solyndra, GSA, Bergdahl, 'get off our high horse...': I could go on but I am sick of listing this guy's mess of a record.
The "Teflon Don" John Gotti had nothing on this Teflon POTUS. He seemingly can do no wrong. And yet, that is ALL he seems to be able to do is wrong things.