If you have never worked a day in your life, and are on public assistance, food stamps, welfare and think government cheese is like manna from heaven, you also know the answer to this: you think you are ENTITLED to every measly scrap of government largess you can lay your sponging hands on. And think you should get MORE. And you think you are the reason that America exists, and of course your value to society cannot even be measured, it's so huge. In other words, you are clueless.
This question doesn't take a lot of soul searching or staring at navels to obtain an easily objective answer. Pull out your calculator, and start punching buttons:
- If you have a public sector job, subtract $100,000.00
- If you have a public sector job and are a member of a public sector union, subtract an additional $100,000.00
- If you are retired from a public sector job and retired in your 50's, subtract $750,000.00
- If you are retired from a public sector job, and retired in your 60's, subtract $500,000.00
- If you are retired from a public sector job, and retired in your 70's, subtract $100,000.00
- If you are retired military, but have a private sector job currently, add $100,000.00
- If you are retired military, and are 'double dipping' (have another government job), subtract $200,000.00
- If you are retired military, and have retired from your second government job, and are now collecting two government pensions and SSN (triple dipping), subtract $500,000.00
- If you have a private sector job, and have a 401(k),and don't plan on retiring until your 70's, add $1,000,000.00
- If you have a private sector job, retired and now have your savings and SSN: add $250,000
- If you have a private sector job, retired and are collecting a pension with SSN: add $100,000
- If you never really had a job, have always been broke and collect SSN, Medicaid and other public assistance, subtract $500,000.00
- If you are retired profession politician and have never worked a day in the private sector, subtract $1,000,000,000.00 (1 Billion).
There are lots and lots more scenarios, but I think most of you except liberals and professional moochers (and I am being redundant, liberals are by definition professional moochers) get the picture.
If you contribute more to society than you take, you are a net gain to our country, and we salute you. If you take more than you contribute to our country and society as a whole, you are a net drain and subsequently a detriment to your country. And you teachers, firemen, policemen, military and other public sector employees of this nature, feel free to calculate your benefit to society over your working years by the number of lives you have saved, lives you have effected positively and dedication to public service that you have rendered. Only YOU know the answer to this and assign the value it deserves.
In that case, after punching the buttons on your calculator and you find that you suck more out of our economy than you put in, do your patriotic duty: do your country a favor and drop dead now.
I mean it.