Both of these guys are so similar in their histories, it's bordering on weird: they could have been identical twins separated at birth. .
True, Barack Obama is in his forty's, and Michael Jackson died in his early 50's, but that's a minor detail. The rise (and fall) of both of them follow virtually identical paths. I would cite the following facts for your perusal:
* Barack Obama and Michael Jackson both considered the Chicagoland area their home towns. Barack hung around Chicago, and Michael hailed from Gary, Indiana..
* Barack Obama and Michael Jackson both downplayed their race once they achieved widespread popularity. They sought to appeal to a cross section of America and did not want to associate themselves with blacks, despite both being genetically black. Michael's music appealed to a universal audience, and Barack initially appealed to a majority of voters, regardless of race..
WHILE ON TOP:.
* Both Barack Obama and Michael Jackson completely insulated themselves from the public, in as much as neither of them drove anywhere (they were driven), neither of them ever bought anything such as groceries or American Girl dolls for their daughters (others did this for them). Both have lost complete touch with reality and the American people, and have had body guards protect them from even the most remote possible threat from us, The Great Unwashed..
* Barack Obama and Michael Jackson both surrounded themselves with 'yes men,' and strongly rejected suggestions from those to whom they were close that a more prudent public behavior be undertaken to avoid damage to their public images. In Michael Jackson's case, his erratic public behavior included dangling his infant son over a five story high guard rail in his residence, or showing up for a court date in pajamas were just a few of his odd episodes. Efforts to curtail his mounting drug consumption by his family and friends elicited temper tantrums of epic proportions from The Gloved One. Accordingly, no amount of cajoling from his inner circle could temper Michael Jackson's appetites for self destructive behaviors, leading ultimately to his early death..
* With Barack Obama, his chosen cabinet members, czars and advisers all (well, not all, but many) have on occasion suggested that Barack temper his Marxist inclinations and work at least in small part with legislators of different points of view, all to no avail. Barack's intemperance regarding differing points of view, and his bull in a china shop implemented liberal agenda that he clumsily forced down the American people's throats despite cacophonous roars of disapproval from the public has led to his Democrat party's massive losses, and the largest mid term election landslide in 80 years.
* Both Barack Obama and Michael Jackson were at one point in their careers on top of the world. Michael, after his release of his album 'Thriller' in 1982, was more popular world wide than even Elvis Presley was in his hey day. Barack Obama was thought to be a messiah prior to his election and into his first few days of office. Towards the end of his days, Michael Jackson was mostly regarded as a weirdo, or even worse, a pedophile, quite a slide from his lofty popularity a mere twenty years earlier, while Barack Obama's numbers have slid about as much in just under two years in office.
Barack Obama and Michael Jackson: two peas in a pod.